I’ve been trying to call Penny at the hospital for the last two days but unsuccessful. Her son just called me about an hour ago to fill me in.
They took her into surgery at 6am yesterday. They were in there working on her for 10 hours.
They cut out everything that had been done up here with the last 2 surgeries. Both legs are cut from the soles of her feet to her knees. The incisions in her groin area are much larger and deeper because they had to install a suction pump tube.
Apparently, during the 1st surgery 5 weeks ago, there was a piece of plastic left in there that has caused sepsis to set in!!! She is full of infection that they are trying to get under control, so much so that they had to install this tube to keep it pumped out as much as possible.
On top of that, she has pneumonia too.
She is in the ICU on a ventilator and sedated. They are going to attempt to take her off of that later today and see if she can breathe on her own. She had been doing well up until last night when her blood pressure plummeted and they had to give her some blood. So far today, things are better.
Their biggest concern right now is the infection that she is full of and that is what the family is asking that you pray for. With her diabetes, they are worried about her body’s ability to fight it off sufficiently.
One bit of good news, her foot is regaining is color and warmth!!! So they think she is pretty much out of danger as far as losing it Thank you God!!!!
Please join with me and her children in prayer for her speedy recovery from this current infection and pneumonia!
Thank you all for your continued support!
Well, I thought I should fill you in on what is going on so far:
1) Dad is home but has now lost his appetite and his brain is still not functioning correctly and mom is concerned. I told her she should get some of those protein shakes and mix them with ice cream (’cause dad likes his ice cream in the evenings). I just want them to be able to come home but dad’s appointment with the doctor isn’t until the 19th. I told mom that at least they would be able to be there for Marge’s funeral, though dad may not be up to going to it and mom may not be able to leave him home alone to go either. :(
2) They are doing the third bypass surgery on Penny’s leg tomorrow. Still don’t know yet if they will have to take her foot or if they can save it.
3) Sara’s school did a big presentation on bullying and laid out the guidelines and consequences for it. So far, the girls have been leaving her alone. :)
4) My eldest daughter is doing better with her current life crisis and things are looking a bit brighter there. :)
5) I am maintaining a pretty even keel as best I can. Keeping the faith and praying for all concerned.
That is my latest news flash for today!!
I again wanted to thank everyone for their prayers and support!! My kids have seen comments that have been left and were deeply touched by them as well as myself! God bless you all!!!!!!
Where to start:
1) Mom brought dad home from the hospital today. They will need to stay down in Florida for a couple more weeks until the doctor clears him to come home. Good news, he is eating well and in fair spirits.
2) The principle at Sara’s school did an investigation into her being bullied after I spoke with him this morning. Although the girls denied any involvement, they know he is watching them and they have backed off Sara. Good news.
3) Penny had her second bypass a couple of weeks ago. She was in a lot of pain when I talked to her last Wed. afternoon. I have been trying to call her on and off since and was going to go by there in the morning if I still got no answer. Her younger son answered her phone today and informed me that they took her to the emergency room last night. The new bypass is blocked. They took her down to Methodist Hospital. She will see the specialist down there in the morning. It doesn’t look good beings that her foot is turning purple. PLEASE pray for her!!! Losing her foot/leg was one of her biggest fears when we talked before her last surgery.
4) My eldest is suffering her own minor nervous breakdown right now and I have been trying to help her get some perspective on life and how to get through her current crisis. She said she thought it was pretty bad that at 33 years old she had to come running home to mommy! I told her that’s what I’m here for
5) I’ve been going back and forth between sleeping a lot to keep up with the toll of the stress and/or being immobilized by it all. Therefore, I have not had the energy to do my blog and don’t know exactly how soon I will be back. It will probably be hit and miss for a little while.
I am sorry to disappoint those who look forward to their daily laughs and promise to try to make it a short absence.
Love to all,
Leocardo struggled to focus on the document before him. The words were tiny, miniscule and appeared more like a hoard of crawling ants rather than legal text. What would happen to Odette if he signed it? It was all for her health and safety, or so they said, but Edaion had so many mysteries up it’s sleeve that Leocardo didn’t know if he could trust the doctor’s words. He lifted his head and peered down the sterile hallway of the hospital but he could not see his unwell sister. Was this the right thing? Fatigue was clouding his thoughts and vision. With a sudden start he signed his name, the pen slid off the page when he finished the last letter. Had he made the right choice? Were these the people who could be trusted with Odette’s life?
- Ermisenda Alvarez
FOR THE TAXES I PAY
BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM EMPLOYED .
FOR A LAWN THAT NEEDS MOWING, WINDOWS THAT NEED CLEANING, AND GUTTERS THAT NEED FIXING
BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE A HOME.
FOR ALL THE COMPLAINING I HEAR ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT
BECAUSE IT MEANS WE HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH.
FOR THE PARKING SPOT I FIND AT THE FAR END OF THE PARKING LOT BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM CAPABLE OF WALKING AND I HAVE BEEN BLESSED WITH TRANSPORTATION.
FOR MY HUGE HEATING BILL
BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM WARM.
FOR THE LADY BEHIND ME IN CHURCH WHO SINGS OFF KEY
BECAUSE IT MEANS I CAN HEAR.
*image source: google.com/images
I have a sister
who despises me
Over what is
And treats my family
with utter contempt
From her own past
seems she is exempt
To my loving husband
she’s never spoken
Though I must say
his heart isn’t broken
He looks at her
in the same way
That she views me
with open display
It bothers the others
more than does me
Because of this one
thought I do carry
When there does come
her judgement’s time
Whose will God see
as the greater crime
Those sins I’ve committed
done in my past
Though they were seen
as plenty and vast
Or the one that
she repeats every day
when no forgiveness
is shown my way?
And yet I wish
she would at least try
For my parents sake
before the both die!
Teresa Marie 2/18/12 ©
makes life worthwhile
the extra mile
have no smile!
for a while!
Teresa Marie 12/31/11 ©