I’ve been trying to call Penny at the hospital for the last two days but unsuccessful. Her son just called me about an hour ago to fill me in.
They took her into surgery at 6am yesterday. They were in there working on her for 10 hours.
They cut out everything that had been done up here with the last 2 surgeries. Both legs are cut from the soles of her feet to her knees. The incisions in her groin area are much larger and deeper because they had to install a suction pump tube.
Apparently, during the 1st surgery 5 weeks ago, there was a piece of plastic left in there that has caused sepsis to set in!!! She is full of infection that they are trying to get under control, so much so that they had to install this tube to keep it pumped out as much as possible.
On top of that, she has pneumonia too.
She is in the ICU on a ventilator and sedated. They are going to attempt to take her off of that later today and see if she can breathe on her own. She had been doing well up until last night when her blood pressure plummeted and they had to give her some blood. So far today, things are better.
Their biggest concern right now is the infection that she is full of and that is what the family is asking that you pray for. With her diabetes, they are worried about her body’s ability to fight it off sufficiently.
One bit of good news, her foot is regaining is color and warmth!!! So they think she is pretty much out of danger as far as losing it Thank you God!!!!
Please join with me and her children in prayer for her speedy recovery from this current infection and pneumonia!
Thank you all for your continued support!
Well, I thought I should fill you in on what is going on so far:
1) Dad is home but has now lost his appetite and his brain is still not functioning correctly and mom is concerned. I told her she should get some of those protein shakes and mix them with ice cream (’cause dad likes his ice cream in the evenings). I just want them to be able to come home but dad’s appointment with the doctor isn’t until the 19th. I told mom that at least they would be able to be there for Marge’s funeral, though dad may not be up to going to it and mom may not be able to leave him home alone to go either. :(
2) They are doing the third bypass surgery on Penny’s leg tomorrow. Still don’t know yet if they will have to take her foot or if they can save it.
3) Sara’s school did a big presentation on bullying and laid out the guidelines and consequences for it. So far, the girls have been leaving her alone. :)
4) My eldest daughter is doing better with her current life crisis and things are looking a bit brighter there. :)
5) I am maintaining a pretty even keel as best I can. Keeping the faith and praying for all concerned.
That is my latest news flash for today!!
I again wanted to thank everyone for their prayers and support!! My kids have seen comments that have been left and were deeply touched by them as well as myself! God bless you all!!!!!!
Wow, it’s been a long stressful day. As a matter of fact, the stress gave me a huge headache and so I slept for a few hours this afternoon while waiting for mom to call me back with a report.
They think that they have found the source of dad’s bleeding, an ulcer in his stomach. Praise God!!! Much less serious that what we had thought of as possibilities.
They will keep him under observation and treatment for a couple more days and then release him as long as everything goes well with the medication that they put him on and the bleeding has stopped.
That’s what we know so far. Thanks for all your kind words and prayers!!! I am truly blessed by them and you all!!
*image source: google.com/images
(image source: google.com/images)
A word to the wise
if prayer we utilize
By God they’re always heard
each and every word
And He will answer some
or only silence will come
For what things we pray
aren’t always the best way
When it is God’s plan
and not of mortal man
Our path does seems unclear
and we fall into fear
But if our faith be sound
the answer will be found
As does His amazing grace
hold no time or space
For it comes by a love
that we know nothing of
While bound on this earth
but I know it’s worth!
Teresa Marie 1/27/12 ©
Finally!!! Something to clap about after all these years!
We went to court this morning and Sara’s dad gave up the fight!
Mark and I have been awarded custody as of today!!
Praise God!!!! I want to thank everyone that has prayed for us and give glory to God for hearing those requests made on our behalf!!
It’s been a long hard road but the battle is over, the war is won, and life is GOOD!
A million thanks to all and God bless you,